Recently, I was doing some cleaning and sorting in my sewing room when I came across the original tank - from Part One of the series. I was about to throw it away, when I began to wonder if it could be saved, and if I could create something interesting from this plain muslin.
Searching my scrap pile, I found a long piece of fabric that was eventually to become the trim, which is hand-sewed along the tank's neckline. The piece was not long enough to go all the way around the perimeter of the neck opening, but I kind of liked the idea of keeping it asymmetrical.
Then, I headed to the fabric store, where the box of teal dye was jumping out at me. I love to hand dye things and I was pleased with the way the colour turned out once the fabric was washed and dried.
Lastly, I found an old broach in my jewelry drawer that I decided goes perfectly with the colour of the tank. I love the pop of colour it adds, and not only that, I love that the broach can be changed whenever I decide I want to create a new look for my tank.
To read more from The Transforming Tank series, click here:
The Transforming Tank: Part One
The Transforming Tank: Part Two
The Transforming Tank: Part Three
The Transforming Tank: Part Four
Post a Comment